SELECT PROJECT AWARDS:
- Grand Award, Structural Systems - 2012 Engineering Excellence Awards, American Council of Engineering Companies
- Winner, Best Large Structure - 2010 Excellence in Structural Engineering, Structural Engineers Association of Illinois
- Winner (#1 of 10 given), 2009 International Skyscraper Award, Emporis
- Gold Award, Structural Systems - 2012 Engineering Excellence Awards, American Council of Engineering Companies Washington
- Honor Award, Distinguished Building Award, American Insitute of Architects, Chicago
87-story, 213,677-m² (2.3-million-ft²) “vertically deployed landscape” hosting a complex mix of lifestyle friendly uses: condos, apartments, hotel, offices, retail, townhomes, parking, and Chicago’s second largest green roof. The tower’s signature balconies cantilever up to 3.7 m (12 feet)—more than twice the norm—to capture view corridors and create the rippling exterior. Execution required design of 78 uniquely curved concrete floor plates and close contractor collaboration to digitally transform the architect’s vision into reality.
ARCHITECT: Studio Gang Architects, with Loewenberg Architects