- Honor Award, Structural Systems - Engineering Excellence Awards, American Consulting Engineers Council
- Honor Award, Arch. - Institute Honor Awards for Arch., Interior Arch., and Regional and Urban Design, American Institute of Architects
- Honor Award - Civic Design Awards 1999, American Institute of Architects, Washington Council
- Co-Winner, Henry H. Edwards Industry Advancement Award, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
- Grand Award, Structural Systems - Engineering Excellence Awards, Consulting Engineers Council of Washington
Six-story, 17,000-m² (183,000-ft²) design/build world-class performance facility housing a 2,500-seat concert hall, a 600-seat recital hall, and performance areas. Situated on a tight urban site, straddling a train tunnel and transit station, the design/build project involved civil site design for a full city block with four street frontages, a complex shoring system, and a Garden of Remembrance. The main hall was created as a large concrete box cradled within a second box, supported and cushioned by a unique damping system for acoustic and seismic isolation.
P.E., S.E., Hon. AIA Sea.
P.E., LEED AP BD+C