- Grand Award, Structural Systems - Engineering Excellence Awards, American Consulting Engineers Council
- Grand Award - Building Team Project of the Year Awards, Building Design and Construction Magazine
- Award of Merit, Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement - Outstanding Projects and Leaders Award, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Winner, Most Innovative Structure - Excellence in Structural Engineering Design Competition, Structural Engineers Association of Illinois
- National Winner, $100 Million and Above - 2001 Engineering Awards of Excellence, American Institute of Steel Construction
- Grand Award, Structural Systems - Engineering Excellence Awards, Consulting Engineers Council of Washington
- Winner, Specialty Spaces - New Construction Awards, Buildings Magazine
Three-level, 13,000-m² (140,000-ft²) interactive music museum, designed and built entirely in 3-D. The first-of-its-kind structural system developed echoes the human form, with 240 individually curving skeleton-like steel ribs up to four stories high. The ribs support five roof structures wrapped in 3,000 metal panels supported by 2,400 pedestals, all positioned using laser technology. MKA’s civil and shoring site designs for the full city block were equally challenging, addressing urban site constraints and an active monorail running through the building.