SELECT PROJECT AWARDS:
- Sustainable Project of the Year, Northwest Construction Consumer Council
- Gold Award, Building/Technology Systems - Engineering Excellence Awards (for Wood Harbinger), American Council of Engineering Companies of Washington
- Best Recreation - Best of 2009 (Washington) Awards, Northwest Construction
- Citation - 2009 Civic Design Awards, American Institute of Architects, Washington Council
- Honorable Mention, 2013, American Institute of Architects, Seattle
14,307-m² (154,000-ft²) arena and events center, the first sports facility in North America to earn LEED Gold. The highly flexible arena features seating for up to 7,300 people and can accommodate hockey, football, basketball, shows, conferences, rodeos, motocross, and concerts. Civil design for the 6.9-hectare (17-acre) site, located entirely within a 100-year flood plain, include wetland enhancement, an environmental impact statement (EIS) for the site, and an innovative approach to storm water, resulting in significant construction cost savings.
ARCHITECT: LMN Architects, with PBK Architects