SELECT PROJECT AWARDS:
- Grand Award, Structural Systems - Engineering Excellence Awards, American Council of Engineering Companies
- Grand Award, National Society of Professional Engineers
- National Winner, Project Over $100 Million - 2000 Engineering Excellence Awards, American Institute of Steel Construction
- Honor Award - Civic Design Awards 1999, American Institute of Architects, Washington Chapter
- (Safeco Field Roof Trusses) Gold Award - Advancement of Arc Welded Design, Engineering, Fabrication, James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation
- First Place, Commercial and Industrial - International Excellence in Masonry Awards, Mason Contractors Association of America
Five-story, 47,000-seat, 80-suite baseball stadium with a three-segment, 200- by 186-m (655- by 610-ft) retractable roof covering a surface area of 3.2 hectares (8.03 acres). The three-panel roof retracts by rolling along an elevated track. The roof structure incorporates a first-ever roof damping system employing eight shock-absorber-type elements known as "viscous dampers." This innovative system reduces earthquake forces on the roof, travel track system, and elevated runway structure by 50 percent.