- Grand Conceptor Award, Overall - Engineering Excellence Awards, American Council of Engineering Companies
- Recipient, Special Achievement Award, U.S. General Services Administration
- GSA "Practically Perfect Project (PPP)" (on time, on budget, no lawsuits), General Services Administration
- Winner, Charles Pankow Award for Innovation - Outstanding Projects and Leaders Awards, American Society of Civil Engineers, Civil Engineering Research Foundation
- Grand Award, New Building (Over $50 Million) - Construction Excellence Awards, Associated General Contractors of Washington
- Platinum Award, Overall - Engineering Excellence Awards, American Council of Engineering Companies, Washington
- Winner, Construction Honor Award - 2004 Design and Construction Excellence Awards Program, U.S. General Services Administration
23-story, 57,135-m² (615,000-ft²) full city block courthouse development, with 18 courtrooms and parking for 200 cars, designed to meet GSA Level C Security Criteria for a full city block. MKA developed a first-of-its-kind steel plate shear wall structural system proven through GSA-sponsored testing to be highly effective in earthquake zones. The innovative system was 50 percent less expensive than traditional systems and provides blast protection at no additional cost. Civil elements include improvements to four street frontages and a 4,000-m² (1-acre) landscaped public plaza.