Renovation and retrofit for a historic 942-m² (10,136-ft ²), 200-seat, one-story brick theater, circa 1931, home to one of the most renowned drama schools in the United States with civil site design. The renovation rebuilt the theater box, added a stage catwalk and new partial second floor for dressing rooms and equipment, and reframed the roof. New exposed steel-framed strongbacks strengthen the walls, and salvaged timber roof decking and beams were reused for reduced cost and a cohesive theater aesthetic. The project is certified LEED Gold, one of the first U.S. theaters to achieve this rating.
P.E., S.E., Hon. AIA Sea.
P.E., LEED AP BD+C