- Grand Award, Structural Systems - Engineering Excellence Awards, American Council of Engineering Companies
- Recipient, Building of the Year, Time Magazine
- National Winner, $100 Million or Greater - 2005 Engineering Awards of Excellence, American Institute of Steel Construction
- Recipient - AIA/ALA Library Building Awards (eight awarded), American Institute of Architects/American Library Association
- Platinum Award - Building Team Project Awards, Building Design and Construction Magazine
11-story, 38,275-m² (412,000-ft²) technologically advanced library featuring five main "platforms" housing primary functions with in-between user areas that visually "float." A one-of-a-kind structural system supports the platforms, which cantilever up to 15.8 m (52 ft) and, at most, on all four sides. The building’s diamond-shaped steel grid resists wind and earthquake forces, connects the platforms, and creates a very dramatic interior. Civil elements include stormwater design for the full city block and improvements to four street frontages.